You can visit the Income Tax website to find out whether your PAN card is valid after 31st March. You can also still check here whether your Aadhaar card is linked with PAN or not. We are going to tell you a simple process to get both these information so that you don’t have much trouble in completing the PAN Card-Aadhaar link on the Income Tax website.
Process to Check Online Validity of PAN Card
To check the validity of your PAN card-
- Visit the Income Tax Department’s e-filing website – incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home-.
- Click on “Verify Your PAN Details” link on the left side of the page.
- Enter your PAN number in the given field.
- Enter your full name as mentioned on the PAN card.
- Now enter the captcha code as given on the page.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- The website will display a message indicating the status of your PAN card whether the website is active or not.
Check if pancard is valid or not via sms
You can also check the validity of your PAN card by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the format below: NSDL PAN
- For example if your PAN number is ABCDE1234F then you will send the following message: NSDL PAN ABCDE1234F
- After sending the SMS, you will receive an SMS with the status of your PAN card, whether it is active or not.
Note that it is important to check the validity of your PAN (Permanent Account Number) card to ensure compliance with Income Tax laws, facilitate financial transactions and prevent fraud or misuse of personal information. As per Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act, 1961 if your Permanent Account Number (PAN) is not linked to your Aadhaar, it will become inactive from 1st April, 2023.