The implementation of the four-year degree course will be phased, and in the first phase, it will be started in the university’s educational complexes and autonomous colleges, informed Dr. Chairman of the National Education Policy Implementation Steering Committee. Nitin Karamalkar said on Thursday.
He was speaking at a seminar on ‘Four-Year Degree Course-Perceptions and Misconceptions’ held at the Progressive Education Society auditorium under the ‘Mata Carnival’ initiative of ‘Maharashtra Times’. Society President Dr. Gajanan Ekbote presided. Editor of the Pune edition of ‘Maharashtra Times’ Shridhar Loni, acting Prof. Shamkant Deshmukh, Dr. Jyotsna Ekbote, Suresh Todkar, Deputy Executive Dr. Nivedita Ekbote and others were present on this occasion.
According to the new education policy, the four-year degree course will be implemented in all colleges and other degree courses will be closed, said Dr. Karamalkar said, ‘To implement this course, the facilities of that method are necessary in universities and autonomous colleges. So initially this course will be implemented in the academic departments of universities and autonomous colleges. It is necessary to implement the education of this course to make the students employable.’
‘Through this course, students will be able to study other subjects of their choice apart from their main subject. As there will be an internship in the final year, it will benefit the students for employment. Similarly, there will be an opportunity to do research. Therefore, students, parents and professors need to take this course positively, said Dr. Karmalkar said.
Shridhar Loni introduced. Principal of Modern College Dr. Rajendra Jhunjharrao proposed the vote of thanks. Moderated by Vaijayanti Jadhav.
‘Many opportunities for students’
Dr. Gajanan Ekbote said, ‘Although the four-year degree course has started, the traditional course will continue. The new curriculum adds to the personality of the students. Due to the curriculum, there will be ‘equivalence’ in degree education and it will be possible to study from one college to another. The education of this course will open up numerous employment and business opportunities to the students. Therefore, students should overcome the difficulties and take advantage of this opportunity.’
– Credits will be given according to the stage in the education.
– Certificate will be obtained after completing the first years of education. If you have to drop out for some reason, you can take admission in the second year directly after a few days.
– Diploma will be awarded after two years of study, Degree will be awarded after successful completion of third year.
– Compulsory completion of education in seven years
– Job opportunities due to skill based course.
– Research in final year, Honors or Research degree. After that one can take Master’s degree in one year.
– There will be equality in degree education of various universities. Direct admission to Masters courses abroad.
– All the colleges will have to become multidisciplinary in future.