The survey has revealed that the study of students has deteriorated due to the closure of schools during the Covid period. Administration Officer Sanjay Naikede informed that in order to fill up the decline in studies by developing reading and writing skills among students, a quality improvement program will be implemented in all the schools of Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation for the students of class 1 to 5.
Instructions have been issued by the government to effectively implement the basic literacy and numeracy initiative under the ‘Nipun Bharat’ scheme. The school visit shows that the children do not have reading and writing ability according to the standard. Accordingly, action programs have been set to complement the Nipun Bharat Abhiyan. Every class teacher should determine in which language and math skills the students in his class are lagging behind. Teachers are expected to classify the students into three groups based on the level of students in class 1st to 5th.
What is ‘Nipun Bharat’ Quality Enhancement Programme?
– For all students of class 1st to 5th
– Duration 8 weeks (January 2 to February 25, 2023)
– 45 minutes time each for language and mathematics subjects daily
– Developmental language and math activities
– Revising and testing students after every week
– Continuation of regular teaching in remaining time excluding activity time
– Evaluation of students by other teachers in February 2023