1) Indian team toured Sri Lanka in 2012. In the last match of the series, Irfan Pathan took 5 wickets giving 29 runs. Team India won this match, but Pathan did not get a place in the team for his next match. Not only this, but this was Pathan’s last ODI match as well.
2) Indian team toured Ireland in June. In the second match of the T20 series, Sanju scored 77 runs. Hit 9 fours and 4 sixes in 42 balls. In the next match after this match against England, Sanju was not included in the final 11.
3) In the beginning of 2018, the Indian team went on a tour of South Africa. Bhuvi took 3 wickets in the first 3 overs in the first Test. He also took 6 wickets and 38 runs in the match. Bhuvi was dropped from the team in the subsequent match. He again came into the team in the third Test and led the team to victory. He also won the man of the match award. But after that test, Bhuvi has not played a single test match till date.
4) Spinner Kuldeep Yadav’s case is relatively recent. In the first Test against Bangladesh last month, Kuldeep scored 40 runs and bowled 8 wickets. For this he was awarded the man of the match award. But he was out of the team for the next Test.
5) Karun Nair is only the second batsman to score a Test triple century for India. Apart from Karun, only Virender Sehwag has done this feat. Nair scored 303 not out in Chennai in 2016 in Test against England. Despite this performance, Karun was dropped from the team in the subsequent Test.