When particles of dust or something else enters the body, our body’s immune system relies on coughing to get rid of the debris. When you suddenly cough when you are in the dust, it is an action by your body to expel the dust particles. But apart from this, other symptoms can appear due to the dust passing through the respiratory system. Such as a feeling of something stuck in the throat, heaviness in the chest, dry cough, cough with phlegm, sore throat etc. (Photo Courtesy :- iStock)
Asthma can be fatal
According to the World Health Organization, asthma causes the patient’s airways to contract, and the condition can become dangerous if dust or any other type of particle gets stuck in it. This makes breathing very difficult and the patient is at risk of death.
(Read:- Serotonin deficiency affects many major organs from brain to bones, eat these 5 foods to clear stomach).
How to clean the lungs and throat?
If you want to clear your throat and lungs, you can take help of yoga. A study published on NCBI states that pranayama can help flush out stuff stuck inside the respiratory tract and clear the airways. By which the throat and lungs will also be cleansed from within. So let’s find out which yoga poses you should do.
(Read:- Satish Kaushik celebrated Holi yesterday and died of heart attack today, increased weight was the cause of heart attack?).
- First, sit comfortably and straighten your spine.
- Place your hands on your knees facing the sky.
- Now take a deep breath from the belly.
- After this, while exhaling completely, draw the stomach inwards.
- After complete exhalation, let the stomach relax and inhale.
- Inhale and exhale like this 20 times and complete one round of Kapalbhati Pranayama.
- After this close your eyes and rest for a while and then complete the next two rounds.
(Read:- If the kidney is more than 90% decayed, these dangerous symptoms are seen).
Bhastrika Pranayama – Bhastrika Pranayama Steps
- Sit in Vajrasana or Sukhasana and keep the spine straight.
- Now make fists of both palms and keep them in the air at shoulder line.
- After this, inhale as deeply as possible and open your fists with your hands straight above your head.
- Now bring the hands back to shoulder level and close the fists and exhale with a little force.
- Do this 20 times to complete one round and rest.
- Similarly you have to do 2 more rounds.
(Read:- World Kidney Day: 8 Symptoms of Kidney Damage, 4 Remedies for Urine Burning, Foamy, Pale Color).
Who should not do Pranayama?
Both these pranayamas circulate high energy in the body, which affects the blood pressure and heart. Hence people who are heart diseased or suffering from high and low blood pressure problems, must consult a specialist before doing this pranayama.
(Read:- H3N2 Virus Cough Fever Home Remedies: Avoid the new virus in the world, do these 8 home remedies as soon as fever and cough start).
Note: This article is for general information only and no medical treatment is claimed. Always consult your doctor for more information and make appropriate changes based on his advice.