At the same time, strong lungs themselves fight against viruses and bacteria that cause infections and protect us from getting sick. Ekta Yogesh Jain, Hatha Yoga and pre and post natal yoga teacher and founder of Yogasar, gave information about 3 yoga poses to strengthen lungs (Yoga For Strong Lungs).
Symptoms of lung damage
- Frequent coughing
- shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- production of phlegm
- Chest pain and constriction while breathing
Talasana – Talasana Steps
- First of all, stand up straight and keep your feet apart.
- Roll the shoulders back and keep both hands parallel to the thighs.
- Inhaling, raise the arms towards the head and up the heels.
- After holding for a while, inhale and then while exhaling, bring the arms back down.
- At the same time bring the heel back to the ground
- Similarly do Talasana 3 times.
Konasana – Konasana Steps
- First, stand up straight and keep your feet 2.5 feet apart.
- Roll the shoulders back and keep the hands parallel to the thighs.
- Inhaling, bend the waist to the right side and try to bring the hands straight to the knees.
- Breathe in this position for a few seconds and then straighten the waist while exhaling.
- Similarly, while inhaling, bend the waist to the left and bring the right hand to the knee.
- After breathing there for a few seconds straighten the waist again.
- Repeat this Konasana practice 3 times.
Pursed lip breathing exercise
- First of all sit in Vajrasana.
- Keep the waist and spine straight.
- Place both hands on the thighs and roll the shoulders back.
- Breathe normally in this position and close your eyes and focus on your breath.
- When the mind is completely relaxed, breathe again.
- Then open the lips slightly and exhale through the mouth.
- Inhale and exhale like this 20 to 25 times.
Take care while doing Yogasana
Yoga teachers say that if there is any discomfort during yoga or lung pranayama, stop immediately. At the same time, yogasanas should be practiced only under the supervision of a yoga expert or instructor.
Note: This article is for general information only. It is in no way a substitute for any medication or treatment. Always consult your doctor for more information.