After the formation of the state of Maharashtra, no state anthem has been created by the government or any song has been officially given the status of state anthem. Jai Jai Maharashtra Maja, Garja Maharashtra Maja” two stanzas from the poem by King Neelkanth Badhe have been adopted as “Maharashtra’s National Anthem” to mark the Amrit Mahotsav of Independence as the official national anthem of the state. This national anthem is 1.41 minutes long.
Following are the guidelines to follow the propriety in singing and playing the national anthem
•Even if the government decides to adopt the national anthem for consideration, the dignity, honor and prestige of the national anthem will remain supreme.
• In all public functions of the Government, the singing of the National Anthem should be performed at the beginning with or separately from the audio version.
•The National Anthem will be played/sung immediately after the National Anthem after the hoisting of the flag on 1st May, Maharashtra Day.
•Before the commencement of the daily session in schools in the State, the Paripatha / Pledge / Prayer / National Anthem will be played/sung along with the National Anthem.
• All educational institutions, all types of non-governmental organizations, voluntary organizations, private establishments and all citizens of the state will be allowed to play / sing the national anthem in cultural, social and sports events etc. with due respect.
•When the National Anthem is playing, everyone should stand in a careful position and respect the National Anthem. Small children, pregnant women, sick persons, disabled persons as well as elderly persons will be exempted from vigilance.
• As in the case of the National Anthem, the same should be observed in the case of the State Anthem. It should be respected while playing/singing this song.
• Based on the musical score, the instrumental of this song can be played by the police band.
• This National Anthem should be included in the textbook of the State Board of School Education from the next academic year.
• All departments should give instructions to their subordinate establishments / offices for effective promotion and publicity of this national anthem.