FIFA World Cup 2022 C group Analysis – The FIFA World Cup 2022 is about to start soon, Argentina is the most dominant team, along with Mexico, Poland and Saudi Arabia.
- It has been 36 years since Argentina won the World Cup. However, this will be the last chance for 35-year-old Lionel Messi to lead Argentina to the World Cup after Mario Kempes (1978) and Diego Maradona (1986).
- Argentina’s confidence has been shattered after defeating Brazil in the finals of last year’s Copa America tournament.
- Argentina midfielder Giovanni Lo Celso is set to miss the World Cup after sustaining an injury in the La Liga match last weekend.
- This year too, Messi will be the center of attraction in the World Cup. At the age of 35, this will be his last World Cup and he will be trying to end Argentina’s World Cup title drought.
- FIFA World Youth Championship (2005), Olympic gold medal (2008), Copa América (2021) and other important championships are under Messi’s name; But the emptiness of the World Cup trophy does not escape the eyes of experts and football lovers.
- The Argentina football team is; A mine of points in the attacking ranks. The current name in the same lineup is Julian Alvarez. Representing Manchester City in professional football, the footballer has proved his worth by scoring goals at strategic moments.
- Since the World Cup held in America in 1994, Mexico has consistently entered the next round. According to statistics, France, Germany and Argentina could not do this. However, due to the absence of world-class ‘star’ footballers, this team does not seem to be going to the knockout stages of the World Cup and even if it goes into this round, it withdraws without winning a match.
- Key players such as Javier Hernandez, Carlos Vela and Giovani dos Santos have recently retired from the national team, leaving the young side unable to make an impact.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers forward Raul Jimenez could be ‘playmaker’ for Mexico; But this 31-year-old player suffered an injury in September this year. He participated in three matches this season. There is still uncertainty as to whether Jimenez will play for Qatar. His absence will be felt by Mexico and it will affect the performance.
- All eyes will also be on the performance of the agile Edson Alvarez.
- Poland have only qualified for the World Cup three times since 1990. And they have not managed to take advantage of these three opportunities. Poland’s challenge ended in the group. However, before that, in 1974 and 1982, Poland has won the third place in the World Cup.
- With the emergence of Robert Lewandowski, Wojciech and Milik, Poland were expected to perform well at the 2018 World Cup. However, this team did not progress beyond the group stage. Their performance was two defeats and a win against Japan.
- World No. 26 Poland’s opener is against Mexico on November 22, and that match will determine their next move.
- It would not be an exaggeration to say that this year’s football season was decisive for Lewandowski. After an eight-year contract, he joined La Liga giants Barcelona from Bayern Munich. Lewandowski currently has the most goals in the league with 13. The 34-year-old is in form.
- Matty Cash’s name is prominent among youth talent in Poland. He was included in the front row from the start of practice. The 25-year-old joined Nottingham Forest from Aston Villa in the Premier League and has been given a chance in every game. Cash was voted the player of the season by the team’s supporters last season. Last year, Poland beat Andorra 4-1 in the World Cup preliminary round. Cash has since represented Poland in seven matches.
- Saudi Arabia has reached the main round of the World Cup six times so far. However, they have faced embarrassing defeats. Germany thrashed them 8-0 in 2002, while Ukraine recorded a one-sided 4-0 win over them in 2006. In 2018, the hosts Russia thrashed Saudi Arabia 5-0.
- World Cup can have unexpected results. It is special that Saudi Arabia secured a place ahead of Japan and Australia in the Asian preliminary round of this tournament. Saudi Arabian players have fitness, good footwork and great ‘passing’ skills.
- The national team includes players from the successful Al Hilal and Al Nasr teams in Saudi’s premier football league. So there will be coordination among the players.
- Salem Al Dawsari has played an important role in Saudi Arabia’s World Cup entry. Salem is a winger of Al Hilal team. He has scored seven goals in 13 matches. Al Hilal won the Asian Champions League in 2021, with Salem winning the best player award.
- All eyes will be on Firas Al Burakan’s performance. He made a comeback to the national team at the age of 19. Firas also shines in age group competitions. Firas impressed in Saudi Arabia’s 2-0 win over Uzbekistan in the Under-23 Asian Cup held in June this year. Firas is different from the traditional center forward. His ‘dribbling’ skills are astounding.
Marathi News App: Do you also want to participate in the changes happening around you? Download the Citizen Reporter app and send reports.